Pelle Leathers cares about people and the environment and is committed to supplying the most sustainably produced leather ranges from Europe. In fact we are the only leather company in Australia and New Zealand to have eco-labelled leather with GreenTagTM GreenRate Level B certification, making it easy to recognise us an environmentally responsible product.
GreenTagTM is one of the world’s most trusted ecolabels and takes the doubt and confusion out of buying sustainable products. GreenTagTM certification empowers consumers to identify and confidently choose the best in healthy eco-products, builds trust in the green-product market and encourages suppliers to minimise their impact on the environment, helping to save the planet in the process.
Pelle Leathers has achieved GreenTagTM certification for four of its leather ranges: Vienna, Savannah, Spectrum and Danube. These products are therefore independently endorsed as being safe to use (friendly to the health of people and the environment), fit for purpose (durable) and processed through an ethical supply chain (sustainable). This certification also verifies that Pelle Leathers’ commitment to sustainability extends to our supply partners.
To achieve GreenTagTM certification each product is independently and rigorously tested using advanced scientific methods. This requires full disclosure of all ingredients and processes, and certification of leather necessitates:
– No PCP, CADMIUM or AZO Col Dyes are used in the tanning process.
– All dyes and pigments (finishes) are water based and therefore solvent free.
– All wastewater is cleaned in a biological treatment plant, recycled and reused.
– 100 per cent of the hides are of European origin, limiting transport distance to the tanneries. This helps conserve fuel costs and the related effect on the environment.
– A commitment to recycling and waste minimisation in all daily operations.
Pelle Leathers is proud to offer Australia’s best range of high-quality, sustainable leather for upholstery, wall panelling, transport and curtaining. For more information about GreenTagTM certification or Pelle’s GreenTagTM certified leathers, contact your nearest Pelle Leathers representative.